We are the No 1 PhD Consultancy in South India
20+ students register for PhD every month
Become a PhD Guide. Earn money from home
My Indian Academy can help you register as a PhD Guide with various Universities. You can earn additional income while mentoring PhD students.
Eligibility Criteria to become a PhD Guide:
- You must have completed your PhD from a UGC recognized University
- You must NOT be working as a faculty in any University
- You must NOT be already actively working as a PhD Guide for any PhD scholars at any University (as per UGC norms, a PhD Guide can only mentor 5 PhD students at a time).
Documents needed for registering you as a PhD Guide with a University:
We work with Rabindranath Tagore University, Shri Venkateshwara University and Venkateshwara Open University. We can register you as a Guide with any of these Universities depending on the requirements. If you are interested, please contact us at at +91-7337484842. We would need a scan of your Aadhar Card, your PhD Certificate scan from a UGC recognized University, your Resume in PDF format and the details of your PhD Thesis (Area of Research, Journal where it was published etc.)
How much can you earn as a PhD Guide:
Typically, you will earn Rs 50,000 as a PhD Guide for each student. As per UGC norms, you can provide guidance for 5 students at a time and the duration of PhD Guidance is for 2 years. In total, you can earn Rs 2,50,000 every 2 years (Rs 1.25L per yr) while working as a PhD Guide. A PhD Guide can continue to work in any industry (other than as a University faculty) while earning passive income as a PhD Guide.
Responsibilities of a PhD Guide:
- PhD Guides should mentor their students, help them select a unique topic for their PhD and guide them through the process of writing an abstract, clearing plagiarism checks and publishing their final thesis. The Guide should NOT become a blocker delaying the grant of a PhD to the student.
- We do NOT expect PhD Guides to write the thesis. The thesis should be written only by the PhD scholars.
- It is expected that a PhD Guide should have a laptop/ mobile with a good internet connection. Visits to the University campus are not required.
If you are interested in becoming a PhD Guide for our students, please contact us at +91-7337484842