We are the No 1 PhD Consultancy in South India
20+ students register for PhD every month
Introduction to Research Methodology for PhD
One of the most integral part of a Ph.D. is the research method. This explains how the research would be conducted, which are the various methodology, data collection, and analysis tools which would be used by the student. A basic understanding of research is to find a solution to a problem or formulating new theories. The main objective of research can be group as:
- Exploratory research
- Descriptive research
- Diagnostic research
- Hypothesis testing studies
One should have a clear understanding of there is research. It is crucial to have a research design, describing the details on how students plan to perform her/his research. While preparing a research design can be challenging tasks, It’s essential to have a thorough understanding of the following:
- Laying the foundation of research – objective, motivation, utility.
- Problem identification and formulation – Research questions, Hypothesis
- Research Design – Concept and Importance in Research
- Concept of measurement, causality, generalization, replication.
- Concept of measurement – Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratio.
- Sampling, Analysis, and use of tools and techniques
There are multiple courses available online about research methodology to develop a better understanding.
A few of the books which can be used to understand research methodology are
1. Business Research Methods – Donald Cooper & Pamela Schindler, TMGH, 9th edition
2. Business Research Methods – Alan Bryman & Emma Bell, Oxford University Press.
3. Research Methodology – C.R.Kothari
1. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/44d1/4b617745d0798deacef3250d3a6889bd1f74.pdfhttps:// www.intechopen.com/books/cyberspace/research-design-and-methodology
For brochure with pricing details, please mention your contact details below and we will get back to you. Alternatively, you can also call us at +91-8130872449. If that number is busy, you can reach us at 91-9160743777 [Hyderabad] or +91-7411845787 [Bangalore]