We are the No 1 PhD Consultancy in South India
20+ students register for PhD every month
Ph.D Entrance Sample Question paper Part 2 of 4
- In certain coding method, the word QUESTION is encoded as DOMESTIC. In this coding, what is the code word for the word RESPONSE?
Answer :c. OMESISCM.
- If the series 4, 5, 8, 13, 14, 17, 22, …. is continued in the same pattern which one of the following is not a term of this series?
ANSWER :c. 33
The series shows addition of 1,3 and 5 and this trend repeats. So, the series will be 4,5, 8,13,22,23, 26,31,32 and 35. Only 33 is the odd number that is not in the series.
- Complete the series BB,FE, II, ML, PP, ………. by choosing one of the following option given:
ANSWER :a. TS
The next in the series will be TS. After B we leave 3 and reach to F, similarly after P leaving 3, we get T and one behind that is S. So, the series is TS.
- A man started walking from his house towards South. After walking 6 km, he turned to his left and walked 5 km. Then he walked further 3 km after turning left. He then turned to his left and continued his walk for 9 km. how far is he away from his house?
The answer would be 5 km which is the hypotenuse of 3 km and 4 km.
- The first web browser is
a. Internet explorer
c. World Wide Web
Answer :c. World Wide Web In 1990, almost four years before Netscape, the founder of the World Wide Web Foundation and W3C Director Tim
- When a computer is booting, BIOS is loaded to the memory by
Answer :b. ROM
Basic input and output is loaded to the memory by means of Read Only Memory (ROM). TCP on the other hand is the
transmission control protocol which is used to connect host to the internet.
- Which one of the following is not the same as the other three?
a. MAC address
b. Hardware address
c. Physical address
d. IP address
Answer :d. IP address
MAC address, hardware address and physical address are all the real address that is assigned to any machine and all of them are unique in themselves. While IP address is the internet protocol address that is assigned to the systems in a network
- Which one of the following is not a/an image/graphic file format?
Answer :d. GUI
The GUI graphical user interface is a form of user interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and audio indicator.
- Identify the ip address from the following:
a. 300. 215. 317. 3
b. 302. 215@ 417.5
c. 202. 50. 20. 148
Answer :c. 202. 50. 20. 148
The format of an IP address is a 32-bit numeric address written as four numbers separated by periods. Each number can be zero to 25
- In a thesis, figures and tables are included in
a. The appendix
b. A separate chapter
c. The concluding chapter
d. The text itself
Answer :d. The text itself
Figures and tables are put in the thesis, where and when required, therefore they go along with the main text.
- A thesis statement is
a. An observation
b. A fact
c. An assertion
d. A discussion
Answer : d. A discussion
Thesis statement explains how you will interpret the significance of the subject matter under discussion and emerges you to think about a specific topic.
- The research approach of Max Weber to understand how people create meanings in natural settings is identified as a. Positive paradigm
b. Critical paradigm
c. Natural paradigm
d. Interpretative paradigm
Answer :d. Interpretative paradigm
The interpretative paradigm talks about the fact that reality is constructed by subjective perception and predictions cannot be made. Researchers working on this paradigm are interested in the social construction of meaning. People have free will, purposes, goals, and intentions, so people should be studied as active agents and it explains how people create meanings in natural settings.
- Which one of the following is a non-probability sampling?
a. Simple random
Answer :b. Purposive
Non probability sampling is also known as random sampling and is divided into two main types viz., accidental and purposive sampling.
- Identify the category of evaluation that assesses the learning progress to the students during instruction.
Answer :c. Formative
Formative instructional practices are a process, both formal and informal, that teachers and students use to know where they need to go in the intended learning, it helps to gather and respond to evidence of learning.
- Mean, Median and Mode are :
a. Measures of deviation
b. Ways of sampling
c. Measures of control tendency
d. None of the above
Answer: d. None of the above
They are the measure of central tendency
- A common test in research demands much priority on
d. All of the above
Answer :d. All of the above
- Which of the following variables cannot be expressed in quantitative terms? a. Socio-economic Status
b. Marital Status
c. Numerical Aptitude
d. Professional Attitude
Answer :d. Professional Attitude
- In the process of conducting research ‘Formulation of Hypothesis” is followed by
a. Statement of Objectives
b. Analysis of Data
c. Selection of Research Tools
d. Collection of Data
Answer :c. Selection of Research Tools
- What is the collection of terms or records in MARC called?
Answer :d. Database
- A periodical evaluation of an employee is done through……….. .
a. Job rotation
b. Performance appraisal
c. Refresher course
d. Work guide
Answer :b. Performance appraisal
- What is the relationship between ISBD and cataloguing codes ?
a. They are not related at all
b. Cataloguing codes will include bibliographic description
c. ISBD includes cataloguing rules
d. ISBD can replace cataloguing rules
Answer : b. Cataloguing codes will include bibliographic description
- Which of the following is the first step in starting the research process?
a. Searching sources of information to locate problem
b. Survey of related literature
c. Identification of problem
d. Searching for solutions to the problem
Answer :c. Identification of problem
For any research to be carried out, it is necessary to first identify the problem
- Action research means
a. A longitudinal research
b. An applied research
c. A research initiated to solve an immediate problem
d. A research with socioeconomic objective
Answer :c. A research initiated to solve an immediate problem
- The essential qualities of a researcher are
a. Spirit of free enquiry
b. Reliance on observation and evidence
c. Systematization or theorizing of knowledge
d. All the above
Answer :d. All the above
- A research paper is a brief report of research work based on a. Primary Data only
b. Secondary Data only
c. Both Primary and Secondary Data
d. None of the above
Answer :c. Both Primary and Secondary Data
- Questionnaire is a :
a. Research method
b. Measurement technique
c. Tool for data collection
d. Data analysis technique
Answer :c. Tool for data collection
- “Controlled Group” is a term used in………….. .
a. Survey Research
b. Historical Research
c. Experimental Research
d. Descriptive Research
Answer :c. Experimental Research
- “Research is an organized and systematic enquiry” Defined by
b. P. V. Young
Answer :a. Marshall
You can read the previous section (Part 1 of 4) here.
You can read the next section (Part 3 of 4) here.
For brochure with pricing details, please mention your contact details below and we will get back to you. Alternatively, you can also call us at +91-8130872449. If that number is busy, you can reach us at 91-9160743777 [Hyderabad] or +91-7411845787 [Bangalore]